Bruzek has high praise for the LC 500h’s looks, but the powertrain and driving experience are more of a mixed bag:
“The LC is an amazing-looking car that drives amazingly with the V-8, but it loses a lot of its soul not having the responsive, cackling gas engine,” he notes.
Bruzek also expressed disappointment about the use of hybrid technology solely for fuel efficiency while some competitors’ electrified models get an electrifying performance boost. Check out his review to see if the fuel economy advantage makes the LC 500h worth it to you.
Video watchers last week focused on two redesigned cars, 2019 versions of the Nissan Altima and BMW X5. Our First Drive video for the X5 occupies the top spot, with the Altima’s First Drive close behind. Rounding out the top five are Cars.com reviewer Mike Hanley’s take on why the 2018 Audi A4 is a winner, useful car hacks and our review of the 2019 Jeep Cherokee.
Top 5 Reviews
1. 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Review: Plush and Poised, With a Push-Button Problem
2. 2018 Lexus LC 500h Review: High Class and High Mileage
3. 2018 Maserati GranTurismo Convertible Review: A Fine Wine Borders on Overripe
4. 2019 Mazda CX-3 Review: Good Things, But in a Small Package
5. 2019 Hyundai Veloster Review: Funky Fun
Top 5 Videos
1. 2019 BMW X5: First Drive
2. 2019 Nissan Altima: First Drive
3. What Makes the 2018 Audi A4 a Winner?
4. Clever Car Hacks
5. 2019 Jeep Cherokee: Review
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.