The Honda CR-V compact SUV was redesigned for the 2017 model year and carries into 2019 with minor changes, trim-level repositioning and some price adjustments. It remains a strong compact SUV contender and finished mid-pack in a very close competition with six rivals in our comparison testing to find the best compact SUV of 2019.
Related: What’s the Best Compact SUV of 2019?
The CR-V continues to be a big seller for Honda in this hot category that’s the largest in the U.S. market, but the competition has gotten tougher, including for 2019 a redesigned Toyota RAV4 and Subaru Forester as well as a refreshed Hyundai Tucson. The CR-V also gained a larger two-row SUV sibling for 2019, the Honda Passport.
The CR-V’s strength continues to be that it is one of the most family-friendly compact SUVs with an adult-roomy rear seat, a big cargo area (with or without the rear seatbacks folded), lots of interior storage spaces (including a big center console bin) and wide-opening rear doors. An extensive package of safety technology also is standard on all but the base model, including a front collision system with automatic braking, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist and adaptive cruise control.
Interested in this compact SUV that offers a lot of family-friendly features for the money? We’ve driven it, compared it back-to-back with rivals and also covered pricing, specs and more. Here is a roundup of our comprehensive coverage, which can tell you everything you need to know about the 2019 Honda CR-V:
More From Cars.com:
- Compare 2019 Honda CR-V Features With Top Rivals
- Research Compact SUVs
- 2019 Toyota RAV4: 5 Things We Like (and 5 Not So Much)
- 2019 Subaru Forester: Everything You Need to Know
- 2019 Honda Passport: 8 Things We Like and 5 We Don’t
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
- Got Cabin Fever From That Stay-at-Home Order? Here Are 4 Germ-Free Car Adventures
- We Drove Cars.com’s 2020 Hyundai Palisade Within a Mile of Bone-Dry … or Did We?
- How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2020 Chevrolet Equinox?
- Coronavirus Car Deals: 3 Ways Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Is Helping Shoppers ‘Drive Forward’